With the most recent improvements and features. Something close to the next stable release, but there might be some bugs left.
The current development, unstable version. Really don’t use it in production environment. It might (and does probably) contain bugs or work in progress.
- Robust server must be installed before setting up W4OS.
- To allow users to choose an avatar on registration, you must enable user profiles in Robust.HG.ini (update [UserProfilesService], [ServiceList] and [UserProfiles] sections)
- You should have a working assets server (see Dependencies section below)
Before installing this plugin, make sure your WordPress installation is complete and permalinks are enabled.
If upgrading from a different distribution (e.a. switching from github to WordPress Plugin Directory), make sure you disable the installed verssion before activating the new one.
- Download and activate the latest stable release
- Visit OpenSim settings (admin menu > "Opensim" > "Settings")
- Enter your grid name and grid URI (like yourgrid.org:8002 without http://)
- Enter your robust database connection details and submit. If you get a database connection error, it might come from a case-sensitivity issue (see https://github.com/GuduleLapointe/w4os/issues/2#issuecomment-923299674)
[gridstatus]shortcodes in a page or in a sidebar widget
- Set permalinks and profile page
- Visit Settings > Permalinks, confirm W4OS slugs (profile and assets) and save.
- Create a page with the same slug as Profile permalink. (This will be handled in a more convenient way in the future)
Avatar models are displayed on new avatar registration and allow new users to start with another appearance than Ruth.
- Check (or change) their naming convention in Admin > OpenSimulator > Settings > Avatar models
- From robust console, create a user named accordingly (for example, "Female Default", Default John", ...).
R.O.B.U.S.T. # create user Default John Password: ************************ Email : (leave empty) User ID (enter for random) : (leave empty) Model name : (leave empty) 15:27:58 - [USER ACCOUNT SERVICE]: Account Default John xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx created successfully
- A password is needed as you need connect in-world to configure it. Choose a strong password, any hack could affect all new users.
- FirstName or LastName has to match your W4OS Avatar models settings
- The rest of the name will be displayed in the form, so make it relevant
- You can leave "Email" and "User ID" blank
- Leave "Model Name" blank, you are creating a model, not using an existing model to create a user
- Connect in-world as this avatar and change outfit. Any worn clothing or attachment will be passed to the new avatars. Be sure to wear only transfer/copy items.
- Make a snapshot and attach it to this account profile
The model will now appear in new avatar registration form, with its profile picture.
These accounts will be excluded from grid statistics.
- Web Asset Server: the project requires a web asset server to convert simulator assets (profile pictures, model avatars...) and display them on the website. W4OS provides a web assets service, or you can specify an external web assets service URL instead.
- PHP 7.4 to 8.1
- PHP Modules: w4os requires php imagemagick module. Also, while they are not required, WordPress recommends activating PHP curl and xml modules. They are also recommended by W4OS for full functionalties.
See TROUBLESHOOTING.md for more information.
Support W4OS project
At the time of writing, this plugin represents around 6000 lines of code, 750 commits, hundreds of hours and dozens of sleepless nights…
Good news: you can buy us a coffee (or a coffee machine) to support all this hard work. Just follow this link: